The Old College coaching team, led by Head Coach Chris Barker, provides numerous individual and group coaching opportunities for both adults and juniors, members and non-members. These include:
- Men’s and women’s coached team practice on Monday evenings
- Midweek and Saturday coaching sessions for different abilities
- Cardio Tennis
- After-school and Saturday junior sessions
- Coach-led social doubles play
For private lessons, please get in touch with any of our coaches below directly.
Meet the coaches
All of our experienced coaches are fully insured, DBS checked and first aid trained.
Group coaching sessions are a great way of meeting players of a similar standard while working on your game. Each session addresses at a technical or tactical aspect of tennis through a structured, yet fun, series of drills and games. Sessions are held at the following times:
|09.30 – 11.00||Improver / Intermediate|
|09.30 – 11.00||Intermediate / Advanced|
|Saturday||09.00 – 10.30||Beginner / Improver|
|10.30 – 12.00||Intermediate / Advanced|
|13:30 ‑ 14:30||Advanced|
- Members should book in advance for these sessions, which cost £7 per 60-minute session and £9 per 90-minute session.
- For non-members, a £5 guest fee applies. Please contact the coach below first if you’d like to attend.
In case of inclement weather please check with the coach if there will be play:
- Chris Barker, Friday & Saturday sessions: 07900 665115
- Hamid Irshad, Wednesdays sessions: 07872 187926
Team practice & Cardio
Monday night team coaching is by invitation for our 7 men’s and 6 women’s teams. Each Monday, during term term, team’s attend on rotation to work on advanced technical and tactical aspects of doubles.
Cardio Tennis is a fun, tennis-themed workout. During a 60-minute session you will hit loads of balls, play lots of points and get your heart pumping! Cardio is currently on Wednesday evenings from 7pm. Book your place now.
More information on our junior coaching programme can be found in our Juniors section.