Events continue to move very rapidly and guidance that we receive changes daily. We are all under strict instructions to observe social distancing (defined by Public Health England as spending no more than 15 minutes and not within 2 metres talking to someone), and social spaces must all to close. In light of this, the LTA has advised that all tennis venue clubhouses, including toilet and changing facilities, should close.
We shall therefore close the clubhouse with immediate effect; please do not enter it for any reason. We are nevertheless conscious of the obvious benefits of outdoor exercise on wellbeing during such a stressful period, and current advice is that tennis can be undertaken within social distancing guidelines. If you choose to play please observe the following:
- Only come to the club if you have arranged to play and have booked a court. Do NOT come on the off-chance of a game.
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres from others at all times.
- Wash your hands with sanitiser before and after play
- Do not change ends during play
- Bring your own balls and take home at the end of play
- Do not swap rackets
- Play singles games only, not doubles
Full guidance from the LTA can be found here: https://www.lta.org.uk/about-us/tennis-news/news-and-opinion/general-news/2020/march/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-venues/
We will change the court bookings so that there is a buffer period between consecutive slots – please stick to the timings. Coaches will provide individual lessons at their discretion but in doing so are instructed to observe these guidelines.
We have taken the decision to keep the club open but we may be forced to close it in due course. In the meantime, please keep yourself safe and observe these rules for the safety of others.