Club reopening from Wednesday 13th May
Following the government announcement on Sunday about the easing of lockdown restrictions the LTA has confirmed that tennis can be resumed outdoors, for singles play only or for doubles if all players are from the same household.
We will therefore open the club from Wednesday 13th May to allow play within these strict limitations. Below are the guidelines that must be followed by all those wishing to play. We will continually review and they may be adjusted at short notice so it is essential that you carefully read any email from the club and check the website. Anyone not following the guidelines could lose their right to play.
Court bookings and play
- You may play only if you have paid your membership fee
- You may play singles only, or doubles if all players are from the same household.
- You may book only one slot per day, per member or playing pair, or per household. Please be considerate of other members and do not book repeated slots for several days in advance. If we find that block bookings are making it difficult for members to get a court we will impose a limit on concurrent bookings for off-peak as well as the current peak periods.
- The clubhouse will remain closed for the time being. The first aid kit and defibrillator have been placed on the outer wall of the clubhouse.
- Court gates will be held open – please do not attempt to close them.
Coaching and club play
- All the club coaches are available for individual lessons, although there are some restrictions on court time. Please contact them directly if you would like a lesson: https://www.oldcollege.co.uk/coaching/?target=meet-the-coaches
- You must pay coaches by bank transfer – do not use cash.
- Do not touch the balls – coaches will pick them up. If you wish to practice serve or matchplay arrange with the coach to bring your own balls.
- The coach will stop each lesson 5 minutes early to avoid cross-over with the next client.
- It is paramount that we take every measure to look after our own health and consider the health of others.
- Use hand sanitiser after entering and leaving the club
- Keep a minimum of 2 meters from other people at all times. Do not congregate around the courts or clubhouse. Do not sit with others at the benches.
- Do not come to the club if you have Covid symptoms or for 14 days after the onset of symptoms.
- If you test positive for Covid you must inform all your recent contacts.
- We encourage those in a clinically vulnerable group not to come to the club until government advice changes. (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others).
- Do not come to the club if you have been contacted by the NHS and advised to shield at home.
Please respect these guidelines so that we can keep others safe, and work towards opening the club up for all our members.