Effective from 11th July
Following the further easing of restrictions in England from 1 June announced by the Prime Minister on Thursday evening (28 May) and the publication of detailed Government guidance on Sunday (31 May), the Government has confirmed what these measures mean in relation to tennis. Players from different households can now play doubles together as long as they stay two metres apart as far as possible, and group coaching can resume.
N.B. Doubles play is permitted on all courts
- From 11th July doubles will be allowed on all courts
- Only 1 booking per day per playing pair or four is permitted.
- When booking a court you must put all players on the booking sheet. This is to facilitate contact tracing if required. If you do not give consent to have your name on the booking sheet you must tell the person making the booking.
- Whether playing doubles or singles you must remain 2m from other players. Do not congregate at the courtside and preferably do not change ends.
- Ensure that you allow players to leave the court before trying to enter – give them safe space to do so.
- You do not need to use your own marked balls unless you prefer to do so. But use sanitiser regularly and return balls from other courts using racket or your feet.
- The clubhouse will be open for access to the toilets only
- First aid equipment is on the wall outside the clubhouse. Bring your own water, balls and sanitiser.
- Please, please help us by taking away all rubbish and collecting stray balls. Do not leave it for someone else to do.
- If you have symptoms of coronavirus do not come to the club. follow the government test and trace instructions https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works