At Old College we run numerous coaching courses, both regular after-school and Saturday morning term-time courses and camps at half-term and during the holidays.
- Mini courses for children aged 4 to 11
- Junior courses for children aged 11 to 18
For further details, download the appropriate application form below and/or contact Head Coach, Chris Barker, on firstname.lastname@example.org (tel. 07900 665115).
Private lessons can also be arranged on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis. The contact details for all four of our coaches can be found here.
Now booking for Spring 2019…
Term time coaching booking forms:
Holiday tennis camps at Old College are fun and inclusive, run by qualified coaches in a safe environment – and suitable for all ages and abilities, 5-16 years old.
- Minis – ages 5-11 – 9.30am to 12pm
- Juniors – ages 10-16 – 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Mini Tennis Camps
Children will work on the Tennis fundamentals covering basic technique in the main tennis strokes and tactics. They will work on exercises and drills that will improve Agility, Balance and Co-ordination, the ABCs. All this will be taught in a fun and safe environment taught by licensed and highly qualified coaches.
Junior Tennis Camps
Junior Tennis Camps, under the guidance of licensed and highly qualified coaches, will work on:
Tactical Training – understanding patterns of play through the 5 game play situations
Technical Training – Strokes and footwork techniques through game based drills
Teamwork – Team games and competition
Development – drills and practices designed at improving the individual player in a group environment
We run numerous competitions throughout the year, both internal and external, details of which can be found here.
LTA Events – results and upcoming events
Categories of membership
Junior membership is open to anyone aged at least 6 at the start of the subscription year (1 April) who is also aged under 19 on 31st August of the subscription year.
|Junior||Aged at least 9 and under 19 on 31 August of the subscription year
Annual subscription £49
|Mini||Aged at least 6 on 1 April
and under 9 on 31 August of the subscription year
Annual subscription £31
Benefits of Membership
- Structured coaching programme that complies with the National Coaching and Competition frameworks defined by the LTA. We aim to recognise, reward and encourage progression
- All coaching is given by experienced and qualified coaches, playing in a safe and controlled environment
- Members get preferential booking for courses and camps and enjoy a discount compared with non-members
- Junior club play sessions
- Opportunities to represent the Club in a squad
- The opportunity to enter a variety of Club tournaments and competitions
- The right to book courts (juniors aged 9 and above, subject to availability)
- Eligibility to enter the Wimbledon draw (juniors aged 9 and above on 31 August of the subscription year only)
How to join
Junior joining process
- Click here to download a Younger Player Application Form. If more than one child is joining, please complete one form for each child.
- Either post your signed form in the Membership Box in the clubhouse or post to:
- Old College LT&CC, 10 Gallery Road, London SE21 7AB
- (1) Electronic transfer to the following account:
Account Name: Old College Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club Ltd
Sort code: 30-92-89
Account No: 36867868To ensure we can match payments received to specific members, especially where there are multiple members in one family, please make separate payments for each member, using the surname and first name as the payment reference, e.g. “smithjohn” for John Smith. If your bank does not permit you to specify a different payment reference for each payment, please pay by cheque instead.
- (2) Payment by chequePayment by cheque should only be made in exceptional circumstances. An additional 75p charge must be added on top of the subscription rate to cover bank charges. Cheques should be made payable to “OCLT & CC” and write the member’s surname and first name on the back of the cheque as the payment reference. Please send a separate cheque for each member.
What happens next?
Please note it may take up to ten days to process membership applications.
All new joiners will then receive a welcome message and information on how to get started at the club from the Director Membership, along with information about upcoming junior coaching courses and camps. She will also put you in touch with the Head Coach.
Juniors aged 9 and above on 31 August of the subscription year will also receive a standard confirmation email including their log-in ID and password for the Court Booking System and Members’ Directory.