At Old College we run numerous coaching courses, both regular after-school and Saturday morning term-time courses and camps at half-term and during the holidays.
- Mini courses for children aged 4 to 11
- Junior courses for children aged 11 to 18
For further details, download the appropriate application form below and/or contact Head Coach, Chris Barker, on firstname.lastname@example.org (tel. 07900 665115).
Private lessons can also be arranged on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis. The contact details for all four of our coaches can be found here.
October Camps 2020
- October Half Term Holiday camps will run for one week, Monday 26th October to 30th October.
- Book now here: https://forms.gle/TwdPLVrjmJfb5eZw7
Please note: priority will be given to members
- Mini Reds (5 to 7 years old) 9am to 10.30am
- Mini Oranges and Greens (8 to 10 years old) 10.45am to 1pm
- Juniors (11+) usual time 1.30 to 4.30pm
The clubs will run under strict rules to make sure we are following Public Health England and LTA guidance. Once your child’s place has been reserved and the groups have been filled, I will send an email detailing dropping off and picking up procedures and a little more information on how the groups will be run by the coach. In order to comply with LTA guidelines and with the demands on court availability there are changes to the usual timings. Please see below.
Information to be aware of when booking
For the safety of attendees, the coaches and other club members it is extremely important that we always observe social distancing when at Old College. Please note the following:
- Reduced capacity, smaller group sizes than previous years.
- New times for Minis in the morning Minis Reds (5 to 7 years old) will run from 9am to 10.30am, Minis Oranges and Greens (8 to 10 years old) will run 10.45am to 1pm.
- Junior (11+) sessions will run at their usual time of 1.30 to 4.30pm but also reduced capacity.
- All players must be registered. No ‘ turn up on the day and pay ‘ players this year.
- Social distancing must be followed on and off court. Children will be told how to do this by the coach.
- Only one parent/carer to drop off and pick up. Please ensure that you do so at the correct time to avoid congestion.
- Unless essential (for example, carers of the youngest children) we request that you do not stay at the club during a session. If you do, please do not congregate around the courts or clubhouse.
- Club house will be open but only for use of toilets – Please make sure your child is suitably attired for the weather conditions and they bring their own water bottle.
- Places will be prioritised for members of the club.
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com
We run numerous competitions throughout the year, both internal and external, details of which can be found here.
LTA Events – results and upcoming events
Categories of membership
Junior membership is open to anyone aged at least 6 at the start of the subscription year (1 April) who is also aged under 19 on 31st August of the subscription year.
|Junior||Aged at least 9 and under 19 on 31 August of the subscription year
Annual subscription £50
|Mini||Aged at least 6 on 1 April
and under 9 on 31 August of the subscription year
Annual subscription £31
Benefits of Membership
- Structured coaching programme that complies with the National Coaching and Competition frameworks defined by the LTA. We aim to recognise, reward and encourage progression
- All coaching is given by experienced and qualified coaches, playing in a safe and controlled environment
- Members get preferential booking for courses and camps and enjoy a discount compared with non-members
- Junior club play sessions
- Opportunities to represent the Club in a squad
- The opportunity to enter a variety of Club tournaments and competitions
- The right to book courts (juniors aged 9 and above, subject to availability)
- Eligibility to enter the Wimbledon draw (juniors aged 9 and above on 31 August of the subscription year only)
How to join
Junior joining process
- Click here to download a Younger Player Application Form. If more than one child is joining, please complete one form for each child.
- Please e-mail this form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post your signed form in the Membership Box in the clubhouse or post to:
- Old College LT&CC, 10 Gallery Road, London SE21 7AB
- (1) Electronic transfer to the following account:
Account Name: Old College Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club Ltd
Sort code: 30-92-89
Account No: 36867868To ensure we can match payments received to specific members, especially where there are multiple members in one family, please make separate payments for each member, using the surname and first name as the payment reference, e.g. “smithjohn” for John Smith. If your bank does not permit you to specify a different payment reference for each payment, please pay by cheque instead.
- (2) Payment by chequePayment by cheque should only be made in exceptional circumstances. An additional 75p charge must be added on top of the subscription rate to cover bank charges. Cheques should be made payable to “OCLT & CC” and write the member’s surname and first name on the back of the cheque as the payment reference. Please send a separate cheque for each member.
What happens next?
Please note it may take up to ten days to process membership applications.
All new joiners will then receive a welcome message and information on how to get started at the club from the Director Membership, along with information about upcoming junior coaching courses and camps. She will also put you in touch with the Head Coach.
Juniors aged 9 and above on 31 August of the subscription year will also receive a standard confirmation email including their log-in ID and password for the Court Booking System and Members’ Directory.