Old College offers some of the best tennis facilities and playing opportunities in south London. We run numerous teams in the Surrey and Southwark leagues, provide social club play and drop-in coaching for all levels, and organise regular internal competitions, as well as our annual adult and junior Club Championships.
Our membership are divided into three playing standards:
We have the most up-to-date facilities in the area. As well as our well-equipped clubhouse and bar, we also boast:
- 7 floodlit courts (all of our courts are now floodlit)
- 4 all weather artificial clay courts (two of which were laid in 2018)
- 3 newly hard courts (laid 2018)
- table tennis facilities
“Turn up and play” mix-in sessions are held at the following times:
Balls and floodlights (for evening sessions) are provided by the club
The bar is normally open for drinks and snacks on club-play evening sessions
Drop-in coaching sessions are held at the following times:
|09.30 – 11.00||Improver / Intermediate|
|09.30 – 11.00||Intermediate / Advanced|
|Saturday||09.00 – 10.30||Beginner / Improver|
|10.30 – 12.00||Intermediate / Advanced|
|13:30 ‑ 14:30||Advanced|
There is no need to book in advance for these sessions, which cost £8 per session for members and £13 for non-members.
In case of inclement weather please check with the coach if there will be play (Chris Barker Fri/Sat sessions tel. 07900 665115, Hamid Irshad Wed sessions, tel. 07872 187926).
Team tennis at Old College is thriving with:
- 7 men’s teams
- 6 women’s teams
- 3 mixed teams
Our teams play in the LTA Surrey leagues – Men’s, Women’s and Mixed – as well as AEGON Team Surrey leagues, and Southwark leagues.
Team practice for team players is held every Monday night – teams attend on rotation and members have to sign up beforehand.
A selection process is run before each season – there are two seasons each year – and all those wishing to represent the club in competition have the opportunity to apply. Our objectives are to raise our standard of play and win the divisions we are entered into each season! We aim to be open, transparent and fair when it comes to our selection process and in our dealings with our fellow competitors.
AS well as team tennis, there are also numerous internal competitions run through out the year, including:
- OC Club Championships
- runs from May, culminating in Finals’ Day in September
- Open and Veterans singles and doubles events
- Mini and Junior competitions
- Singles Box Leagues
- runs from September to April
- mixed singles ladder for all abilities
- to join, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- view the leagues online at https://oldcollege.mycourts.co.uk/leagues.asp
- Grade 5 Junior Tournaments
- One-off adult American tournaments, like our annual fun Santa Tournament