Old College offers some of the best tennis facilities and playing opportunities in south London. We run numerous teams in the Surrey and Southwark leagues, provide social club play and group coaching for all levels, and organise regular internal competitions, as well as our annual adult and junior Club Championships.
Our membership are divided into three playing standards:
Description of these standards can be found here
We have the most up-to-date facilities in the area. As well as our well-equipped clubhouse and bar, we also boast:
- 7 floodlit courts
- 4 all weather artificial clay courts
- 3 hard courts
- table tennis facilities
“Turn up and play” mix-in sessions are held at the following times:
Please note, due to COVID some sessions are not currently running,
Balls and floodlights (for evening sessions) are provided by the club
The bar is normally open for drinks and snacks on club-play evening sessions
Group coaching sessions are held at the following times:
- Members should book in advance for these sessions, which cost £7 per 60-minute session and £9 per 90-minute session.
- For non-members, a £5 guest fee applies. Please contact the coach below first if you’d like to attend.
In case of inclement weather please check with the coach if there will be play:
Team tennis at Old College is thriving with:
- 7 men’s teams
- 6 women’s teams
- 3 mixed teams
Our teams play in the LTA Surrey leagues – Men’s, Women’s and Mixed – as well as AEGON Team Surrey leagues, and Southwark leagues.
Team practice for team players is held every Monday night – teams attend on rotation and members have to sign up beforehand.
A selection process is run before each season – there are two seasons each year – and all those wishing to represent the club in competition have the opportunity to apply. Our objectives are to raise our standard of play and win the divisions we are entered into each season! We aim to be open, transparent and fair when it comes to our selection process and in our dealings with our fellow competitors.
AS well as team tennis, there are also numerous internal competitions run through out the year, including:
- OC Club Championships
- runs from May, culminating in Finals’ Day in September
- Open and Veterans singles and doubles events
- Mini and Junior competitions
- Singles Box Leagues
- Grade 5 Junior Tournaments
- One-off adult American tournaments, like our annual fun Santa Tournament