Old College offers some of the best tennis facilities and playing opportunities in south London. We run numerous teams in the Surrey and Southwark leagues, provide social club play and group coaching for all levels, and organise regular internal competitions, as well as our annual adult and junior Club Championships.
Our membership are divided into three playing standards:
Description of these standards can be found here
We have the most up-to-date facilities in the area. As well as our well-equipped clubhouse and bar, we also boast:
- 7 floodlit courts
- 4 all weather artificial clay courts
- 3 hard courts
- table tennis facilities
“Turn up and play” mix-in sessions are held at the following times:
Balls and floodlights (for evening sessions) are provided by the club
The bar is normally open for drinks and snacks on club-play evening sessions
Group coaching sessions are held at the following times:
- Members should book in advance for these sessions, which cost £10 per 90-minute session.
- For non-members, a £5 guest fee applies. Please contact the coach below first if you’d like to attend.
In case of inclement weather please check with the coach if there will be play:
Team tennis at Old College is thriving with:
- 6 men’s teams
- 8 women’s teams
Our teams play in the LTA Surrey leagues – Men’s, Women’s and Mixed – as well as AEGON Team Surrey leagues, and Southwark leagues.
Team practice for team players is held every Monday night – teams attend on rotation and members have to sign up beforehand.
A selection process is run before each Winter and Summer season, and all members wishing to represent the club in competition have the opportunity to apply. Our objectives are to raise our standard of play and win the divisions we are entered into each season! We aim to be open, transparent and fair when it comes to our selection process and in our dealings with our fellow competitors. Our Team Selection Policy can be found in the Policy section in the Members Area.
Click on the image below to see the current Winter Teams.
AS well as team tennis, there are also numerous internal competitions run through out the year, including:
- OC Club Championships
- The Old College 2023 Club Championships is open for entries, and the deadline to enter is approaching. This year, we are introducing an exciting new format under the guidance of our head coach Alex Heath: the Championships will be a festival of OC tennis for two weeks from June 17th to July 1st with all matches completed during that fortnight.Throughout each evening and weekend there will be matches on all courts. The bar will be open and food will be available. So please send your entries in by Sunday May 21st , and even if you don’t enter, come along with your family and friends to eat, drink and watch the matches.
- Enter here
- Singles Box Leagues
- Grade 5 Junior Tournaments
- One-off adult American tournaments, like our annual fun Santa Tournament